Friday, April 25, 2014

School Library Month - Staff Reading Memories

From Señorita Olsen:

"My favorite book as a child was But No Elephants! by Jerry Smith. It was about an old lady named Grandma Tildy who bought many pets from a salesman, but would not buy an elephant! I loved the book so much that I asked for (and got) a purple elephant cake for my 4th birthday."



From Mrs. DeCleene:

“My favorite childhood book is Purple, Green and Yellow by Robert Munsch! I love how she gets a bunch of smelly, never come of until your dead and maybe even later coloring markers! I always wanted some.”

From Mrs. Dietrich:

“Loved when my mom and dad read "Are You My Mother?" to me.  I actually think I still have the book on the shelves in the basement!”

From Mrs. McAllister:

“I can still remember in my sixth grade classroom that my teacher challenged our whole class to read, read, read!  Mrs. Moore did this by having us earn a circle for a caterpillar that traveled around the top of our classroom walls for every book we read.  I earned A LOT of circles to add to the caterpillar.  Every time we got the caterpillar from one wall to the next, we got to watch a movie.  Finally by the end of the year, our caterpillar had traveled around all four walls of our classroom.  We read a lot that year!”



From Mrs. Bradford:

“I loved the author Ruth Chew.  I have a few of my books still from elementary school.  I also wrote to her as a third grader and she wrote back!  I still have the letter (somewhere!).”



From Mrs. Wendricks:

“I had so many books that were my favorites when I was little, but the one that I remember reading the most was Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss.  My mom read it so many times to me that I had it memorized.  Then once I had it memorized, I read it to myself so often that the pages started to fall out.  My mom had to buy me a new copy!  It is still one of my favorite books!”


No comments:

Post a Comment