Monday, April 28, 2014

School Library Month ~ Staff Reading Memories

From Mrs. Skinkis:

“When I was a kid, my sister and I loved to read Shel Silverstein poetry books.  Those books made us laugh and giggle uncontrollably.  Our favorite book was "Where the Sidewalk Ends," and our favorite poem was "Sick."  Still, to this day, I love reading his poems!”

From Mrs. Laurent:

“When my son was just 4 years old, he wanted us to read a book about the Titanic everyday!!! And every night!!! Finally, we read it onto a cassette tape (yes, that long ago!) and he could listen to it whenever he wanted to.”



From Mrs. Malchow:

“I remember the first time I was introduced to Robert Munsch books almost 20 years ago. It was the story, Purple, Green and Yellow. I remember thinking that I could make so many connections with the story as I had always begged my mom for smelly markers and of course- who didn't draw on themselves at some point? If you haven't read this story, it's definitely one to take a peek at- guaranteed to make you laugh.”



From Mrs. Rupno:

“My favorite childhood book was "The Tale of the Fourth Grade Nothing" by Judy Blume. It was my favorite because my third grade teacher read the story with the funniest voices. She could make our whole class laugh.”

From Mr. Hendricks:

“Reading allows me to enter worlds that don't actually exist, while giving me the opportunity to image: 'What if?' (City of Ember)  Reading also gives me the opportunity to make connections to old memories through characters and story lines. (Harris and Me)”



From Ms. Watermolen:

“I grew up reading right here in our Glenbrook library! Mrs. Bock was our librarian and I loved hearing her read us many stories. I've always loved Dr. Seuss and his wacky stories. My favorite book is Oh The Places You'll Go. This story inspired me to do many great things in my life, including becoming a teacher!”



No comments:

Post a Comment