Friday, November 8, 2013

Fun Fact Friday!

Did you know that it is pretty much impossible to keep your eyes open when you sneeze? And if you do manage to keep your eyes open, your eyeballs could pop out?! DON'T FREAK OUT! I was only kidding, kind of!! I recently spent a couple of days sneezing up a storm and try as I may, I could not keep my eyes open! Closing your eyes when you sneeze is a reflex, we having very little control over that. So, that part is true. The second part, the one about your eyeballs popping out, not so much. Apparently we don't have any muscles behind our eyes that will help a sneeze move your eyes. Thank goodness!! Sneezing is officially safe now!! Sneeze without fear!!

Source: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/sneezing-eyeballs-pop-out.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment